Image block: how to disable, and point of feedback

I generally use the great plugin ‘Block Manager’ to enable/disable blocks globally.

I noticed it does not allow hiding of the GB Image block, it doesn’t populate the list under ‘GenerateBlocks’

Anyway, I would like to disable the Image block as it’s causing confusion for editors competing with the core Image block that shares the same name. Is there an easy way to do this?

Finally as part of this topic I wanted to suggest perhaps a renaming of the Image block – for example the Headline block vs Heading block are easier to differentiate and document vs the core block.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @martym,

Are you able to disable it through preferences?: Edit Page “Generate Blocks ...

Also see: Edit Page “Generate Blocks ...

Kindly let us know.

Yes I can do that, however I’m trying to deactivate the block globally for all users.

I would also add the same problem applies to the Button block. It’s a very handy block, I like and use it, but it is confusing for clients sometimes as they have the same name, just are a different colour.

1 Like

I have Spectra blocks also active and just to show how confusing this is now (and to be fair extends beyond GB). Not sure how to tell which one is the GB option.

I see how this can indeed be confusing.

For one, you may toggle on the Block inserter so that GenerateBlocks are grouped in one section.

Example: Edit Page “Generated Homepa...

Thanks Fernando. The issue is I have many content editors with different workflows so they don’t always use the sidebar block inserter.

If the label can’t change maybe an icon update with a little G logo in it might help. I appreciate the consideration.

I see. You can also probably open a new topic as a feature request with regards to this so our development team can see it: Feature Requests - GenerateBlocks Community

You’re welcome @martym!

1 Like