Global Styles useful for often repeating grids?

Hello there,

I am in the process of converting my website to generatepress and generateblocks and also revising it.

I have a lot of crafting instructions based on a repeating 50/50 grid with an image on the left and text on the right.
This grid then repeats 10 - 20 times as long as the instructions are level.

Before i had build my own minimal html and css for that 50/50 grid.

Now i want to use gutenberg an i wonder, how to build this repeating columns with Generateblocks Pro with an eye on the performance. I know i can use Global Styles but for repeating grids it seems to me no very usefull, because every grid column container in the grid
gets a different number (id) with its own style.

For example:
.gb-grid-wrapper > .gb-grid-column-2334043d {width: 50%;}
So i have on one site ca. 30x different grid-column id´s all with the css like the example.

The global style feature does not seem to bring so much with constant grids. Only the main container seem to work as I had expected.

One Global style: At first i created a container, inside it a 50/50 grid.
Container = gb.container.main-container
–grid = gb.grid.wrapper.grid
----Container = gb.container.left
----Container = gb.conatiner.right

Am I misunderstanding something about Global Styles on Grids?

Does it even make sense to make such a setup for many pages with generateblocks pro?

The Gutenberg column block seems to generate much less html and css. Clearly with less options.

How would you implement such a simple and repetitive grid?

Thank you for your thoughts and btw: I enjoy GP + GB very much :grinning:

It was difficult to achieve this before as the defaults got in the way. It should be 100% possible now in the latest versions (currently in alpha testing): GB 1.4.0 and GB Pro 1.1.0 now available for public testing! - #2

Let me know :slight_smile: