GenerateBlocks 1.5.0 is available for testing!

More here: GenerateBlocks 1.5 - Dynamic Data, Query Loops, & Image Blocks - GenerateBlocks

1 Like

What would be the preferred method to update from alpha2 to alpha 3, etc?
Delete and install?
So far no issues, thanks.

You can simply download the latest .zip and upload it as you would a fresh plugin. It will overwrite the last version.

Thanks for testing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks wonderful, I look forward to converting my WP Show Posts to the new Query Loop. I have two questions about the scope of this release:

• Is it possible to replicate the Masonry Block layout available in WP Show Posts?

• Is it possible to show the entire contents of a post? I see how to show an excerpt, but not the whole post.

Thanks so much for doing what you do, and for doing it so well.

Dan

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Masonry isn’t currently an option, but it’s something we’ll be adding to GB Pro.

For the entire contents, you can use the core “Post Content” block.

Thank you, Tom. Appreciate it very much.

1 Like

Great! Thanks Tom… what’s the best way to submit issues?

I’m not sure whether it’s due to GB or GB-Pro, but GB on widget are not working…

Just gave it a try and added a PR to fix that: Fix block errors in the Widget editor by tomusborne · Pull Request #477 · tomusborne/generateblocks · GitHub

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

In wp show post there is an option to display random posts. Is that something I can do with GB 1.5 or will it be a GB pro feature? Thanks

1 Like

This is just awesome. I’ve switched all of my WP Show Posts shortcodes over to Query Loop blocks and they all work just fine.

I see in the Query Loop block there is an Events post type, and the option to choose Event Categories as the taxonomy. Is there a way to display Event dates and contents? Can we hope this will be added some day?

Dan

If dates and contents are added via post meta and post content you should be able to do so now with the post meta dynamic data option and the Post Content (core) block :slight_smile:

I’m not finding that it’s possible. My events are handled by The Events Calendar, and the core Post Content block does not show the post content, and none of the post meta possibilities is useful. Too bad!

It may be worth asking them how they would suggest querying the post content. Is it regular content, a post meta field or something custom?

I was wondering the same thing. Can this be done Tom? Would be awesome. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Tom , can you please clarify if this will be introduced? Thanks.

+1 for random posts. Please, add this option to your lovely plugin soon! :pray: