Deactivate Template Library option

The template library is impressive, but sometimes I only want the client to add templates we have specifically designed for their site to keep it on brand and prevent confusion.

Can an option be added to deactivate the template library completely or only show local templates?

10 Likes

Agreed - this will be in 1.1.0 :slight_smile:

Thanks!

6 Likes

This is great, I had made this same request via email support and @Tom had said it was coming.

Any update on the feature to deactivate the template library?

2 Likes

I would still love this feature so I can create my own local templates with GenerateBlocks, but for now I am removing the template library block from the editor.

Following this example in my child theme - How to remove core WordPress blocks - Bill Erickson

functions.php

// Enqueue Gutenberg editor scripts and styles.
add_action( 'enqueue_block_editor_assets', 'gpc_gutenberg_scripts' );
function gpc_gutenberg_scripts() {
    wp_enqueue_script( 'gpc-editor', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/admin/js/editor.js', array( 'wp-blocks', 'wp-dom' ), GPC_VERSION, true );
}

/admin/js/editor.js

// Disable specific Gutenberg editor blocks on all post types.
wp.domReady( () => {
    wp.blocks.unregisterBlockType( 'generateblocks/template-library' );
} );

Cool, this is handy for people wanting to remove the Template Library option altogether. I just hope @Tom that we’ll have both that option AND the ability to just remove the included Blocks but still have “Local Templates” because I find those extremely useful for clients. They enable clients to really easily insert complex blocks and find them all from one place. Indeed WP core functionality of Block Patterns is very similar but for now I think Local Templates are easier to work with.

1 Like

This is now available in 1.1.0-alpha.1: GB 1.4.0 and GB Pro 1.1.0 now available for public testing!

2 Likes