Contact Form Block

It would be great if GB could also include a contact form block. Maybe a very simple form, for those that want nothing fancier than name, email, subject and message. It should comply with GDPR though (mandatory checkbox of privacy policy).

6 Likes

This would definitely make building sites for the GP site library easier. Definitely something we’ll look into :slight_smile:

5 Likes

+1 for this. The existing solutions are not wonderful (Contact Form 7 is difficult to style and Gutenberg Forms has bloated my database when designing the form from the front-end).

+1 for this feature. Everything GB team would be awesome.

Yes, adding contact forms block would be a great add-on value.

It would be fantastic if there was a simply contact form block included in generate blocks.

I feel like it would be more in keeping with the minimalist approach of GP/GB to for us to build sites using quality third-party forms solutions (like Fluent Forms, Gravity Forms, etc.). Having a form solution built into GB is not a high priority for me. I suppose a simple contact form might be helpful on lightweight sites, but where do you draw the line? I think there are more important development tasks that I would rather see Tom working on rather than getting sucked into building out a form solution that still isn’t going to replace the need for more powerful third-party form solutions at times.

3 Likes

I agree with Brent here. Though almost every site has / needs a Contact Form, there are plenty of great professional plugins out there that do this already. I’m no expert but I think building and maintaining a form plugin is not something you must underestimate. If you want to go that route, I would suggest to release it as an sperate add on.

2 Likes

Fully agree to Bianca, and if anyone is searching for good one, even perfect in the lite version, you can go with this one:

WS Form LITE – Drag & Drop Contact Form Builder for WordPress – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

And it has a build in integration with the GDPR Data request form (the form itself is included as template too)